Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellation and Refund Policy for all programs
Any monies due the applicant or student shall be refunded within 45 days of official written cancellation or withdrawal. Official cancellation or withdrawal shall occur the earlier of the dates that:
- An applicant is not accepted by the school. The applicant will be refunded all monies paid.
- A student (or in the case of a minor, his/her parent or guardian) cancels his/her contract and demands his/her money back in writing, within three business days of signing the enrollment agreement/contract. All monies paid will be refunded whether or not the student has attended the first class. (Books and materials must be in new condition.)
- A student cancels his/her contract after the third business day, but prior to the first class. In this case the student will be refunded all monies paid, except the enrollment fee and the books and material fee. (The books and materials fee will be refunded if they are returned to the school in new condition).
- A student notifies the institution of his/her withdrawal. In this case, the refund will be computed based on the schedule of tuition adjustment below.
- A student on an approved leave of absence notifies the school that he or she will not be returning. The date of withdrawal shall be the earlier of the date of expiration of the leave of absence or the date the student notifies the school they will not be returning. In this case, the refund will be computed based on the schedule of tuition adjustment below.
- A student is expelled by the school.
- In type b, c, d or e official cancellations or withdrawals, the cancellation date will be determined by the postmark on written notification, or the date the information is delivered in person to the director or other administrative personnel.
Any monies due a student who unofficially withdraws from the institution shall be refunded within 45 days of a determination by the institution that the student has withdrawn without notifying the institution. To determine unofficial withdrawals, the school monitors student attendance at a minimum of once a month. NOTE: Absence from class for 30 consecutive days without notification to the school, unsatisfactory progress, non-payment of tuition and fees, or failure to comply with stated rules in this Catalog, will be considered “unofficial withdrawal.”
- When situations of mitigating circumstances are in evidence, the school may re-evaluate the refund policy wherein a student’s refund may exceed the norm.
- Books and materials are non-refundable items, except as state in “c.” above.
- Cancellation after attendance has begun but prior to 50% completion of the program will result in a Pro Rata (pro-rated) refund computed on the number of hours completed to the total program hours.
|Percentage Length Completed||Percentage of Total Tuition|
|to Total Length of Program||Owed to the School|
NOTE: No refunds will be given if cancellation occurs after 50% completion of the program.
- Program Cancellation Policy: If a program or course is canceled subsequent to a student’s enrollment, and before instruction in the program or course has begun, the school shall, at it’s option: (a.) Provide a full refund of all monies paid; (b.) Provide alternative completion of the program or course; or (c.) Apply funds to another course or program offered at this school and refund any extra funds to the student.